Thursday, December 10, 2015

The Pure Love of Christ

1 Corinthians 13:2 says, “though I have the gift of prophecy and understanding all mysteries, and all knowledge; and thought I have all faith, so that I could move mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.” “Charity is the pure love of Christ” (Moro 7:47).

Charity “is everlasting love” (Moro 8:17).  The Lord calls us to be perfect (see Deut 18:13; 1 Kgs 8:61; 2 Chr 16:19; Matt 5:48; 2 or 13:11; Eph 4;12-13; ; Jas 1:4; D&C 76:69, 106) We must “put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness” (Col 3:14) so that we “may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God” (Col 4:12).

I say all of that to say this: I do not want to miss the chance to love you.  I want you to know that loving you is the most important thing to me and matters the most to me.  I just want the chance to let you see Jesus in me and through me.  I do not know when I will have the chance to love you as you deserve, but I will stand ready and patient on God’s timing.

I do love you with all my heart.

Grace & Peace be with you all

No comments:

Post a Comment