Saturday, November 22, 2014

Joy and Peace Out of Guilt & Despair

The Holy Spirit convicts us of our sin (John 16:8).  Sin leads to a feeling of guilt so we know we’ve done wrong.  This is so we may repent and ask God for forgiveness and then be restored in God’s eyes.  He will not remember our sins (Isaiah 43:25).  If the guilt persists, it might not be of God.  Romans 8:1 proclaims the truth that “there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.”  A life with Jesus, filled with the Holy Spirit, is one of peace and joy.

The truth is that God loves us all, even me.  I’ve had over 3 years to ponder that and eventually embrace it.  I know now that I am loved by God and not condemned because I am in Christ Jesus.  Jesus took on all sin while hanging from that cross on Calvary.  That’s a huge gift – that’s how I’m forgiven.  It’s the miracle of grace.  God’s Word is the truth that unlocks the freedom from the prison of guilt and allows us to leave fleshly lusts behind and walk in the Spirit.

This is my spiritual resurrection – I am dead to sin and alive by the power of Jesus.  Amen.


Grace & Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment