Saturday, November 22, 2014

Ryan Lee Sumstad - Guilty

I, Ryan Lee Sumstad, pled guilty today, March 20, 2014, to manslaughter and a 20 year sentence to TDCJ in the death of my wonderful wife, mother of my children, angel on Earth, Christie Michelle Sumstad (Mercer).  I was reckless and, oh, so selfish.  It was an accident, but that’s no excuse.  I will forever be tormented by what I did do and what I didn’t do.  I was flat wrong.

I am now a ward of the State of Texas.  I do not know what the future of this life holds for me.  I do know that I repented (several times until I was at peace) and I am saved.  One day, I will see Christie in Heaven.  She is there looking down on us now.

In the meantime, I must endure.  I am determined to serve God and demonstrate my faith.  I will occasionally post to this BLOG as a kind of therapy.  Not all of my posts will wallow in despair since I tend to compartmentalize the world around me.  If an article offends you in some way, just know that it was not my intention, but it’s my guess that it is my very existence that offends you.  Please read on and observe my journey into the future one step at a time. Positive comments welcome.

Please pray for me, my children, my family, Christie’s family and all of our friends.  There is much healing needed by all.  Please be patient, be filled with peace, and as James wrote in his epistle: “Count it all joy” when we face many afflictions.  God bless you, gentle reader.  Amen.


Grace & Peace

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. once a clown, always a clown. You and your gold buddies screwed my family out of money with lies, and more lies. Doesn't matter if you didn't personally take the money. You helped prop up stories of fake gold concentrate, fake bonds, fake this, fake that, while honest, naive people who couldn't afford to lose money believed. Shame on you, you got what you deserve. Too bad it wasn't a murder conviction.

    ReplyDelete